Rent a house in Dubai: Expectations vs. Reality
Dubai is one of the sought-after cities by people to settle in the Middle East. The large part of the population is from a foreign country and the city’s hospitality to the outsiders makes it a favorite among all. The country has got enormous potential with its booming development in varied fields such as tourist attraction, high- end shopping areas, trade, construction, and financial services. There are many houses that are for sale and rent in Dubai in different localities by the best developers in the city. You are spoiled for choice and you could pick your dream home among those.
You would have different expectations out of your new home like the area you wish to live in, the square feet of the house, the facilities offered by the builder, etc. In order to meet all your expectations, it is very much critical that you choose a professional agent to help you in this regard. You could check out fazwaz.ae as they are one of the professional agents in the field.
Choosing the best agent in the field can help you get the house as per your expectation. If the agent is not a professional or not an expert in the field, the real scenario will not be anything like your expectation.
You will be thinking that once the house is finalized all you have to do is sign a contract and move in. But that’s not the reality. There are various formalities you need to fulfill to finally move into the house.
- Secure the house with the deposit- Once the price has been agreed upon between you and the owner with an agent as the middlemen, you need to secure the house by paying a deposit amount. Ensure that you get the receipt for the payment of deposit.
- Read thoroughly the contract- The agent will help in drawing up the contract and you should provide him with your visa and passport copy. Ensure that you go through it thoroughly.
- Sign the contract to collect the keys- Once the contract has been signed, the agent will collect the cheque for the rental amount and their commission. The landlord after receiving the cheque will countersign the contract and sign the DEWA registration form. Then, the owner will hand over the house keys to the agent. The agent will hand it over to you and you need to sign the form stating that you received the key along with access cards if any.
- Set up DEWA account- Next step is setting up the DEWA account wherein you need to provide the passport details, signed DEWA from and title need. You need to pay the setup charge and the security deposit.
- Register with Ejari- For registration, you should provide original tenancy contract, receipt of DEWA, title deed, passport copy, Emirates ID copy, and landlords passport copy.
- Check whether you require a move-in form- Few of the developments require the tenants to submit the move-in form before moving in. Ensure that you do it on time in order to avoid any inconvenience.